I joined the Open University in May 2016. Prior to that, I held academic posts at different universities as a Lecturer in French (Coventry University, University of Bath) and Lecturer in Linguistics (Birkbeck, University of London). For four years, I was involved in the ESRC-funded project 'Multicultural London English - Multicultural Paris French' which examined the effect of language contact on patterns of variation and change in Paris and London.
More generally, my work focuses on synchronic and diachronic variation in features typical of informal spoken French and English. I am also interested in the use of spoken corpora in language teaching.
Language variation and change, language contact, social and cultural aspects of language teaching, translation, use of corpora and technology in language teaching and learning.
• L192: Bon départ: beginners' French (Chair)
• L161: Exploring Languages and Cultures (Presentation)
• L222: Upper Intermediate French (Production)
• L112: French studies 1 (Production)
• L211: Envol: upper intermediate French (Presentation, Residential School)